The challenges of the 21st century are increasingly complex:
· Over 1 billion people do not have access to safe drinking water.
· More than 3.5 million children under 5 die annually from diarrhoea and acute respiratory infections.
· One child dies every four seconds from preventable and treatable diseases.
· 2.6 billion people lack access to improved sanitation.
· An estimated 925 million people suffer from chronic hunger.
“Two billion times a day, somebody, somewhere, uses a Unilever brand. Our global reach and scale, coupled with a deep understanding of what triggers consumer behaviours that can lead to a sustainable future, uniquely enable us to drive long-term scalable and systemic change,” added Weed.